In cooperation with the Kiwanis Music Festival of London
Lois Marshall Memorial Vocal Competition 2011 – April 3-4, 2010
1st Place $2,500, 2nd Place $1,200
CALVARY UNITED CHURCH – 290 Ridout Street South, London, ON
SPECIAL COMPETITIONS – CLASS 0100 FEE $50.00
For Open and/or Senior Voice Students (male or female)
Competitors to be 18 – 28 years of age.
Entries close Friday, January 14, 2011
GUIDELINES FOR LOIS MARSHALL MEMORIAL VOCAL COMPETITION
- FOUR Selections from the Classical Repertoire:
- ONE Own Choice Aria from an Opera or Oratorio
ONE German Lied
- ONE French Art Song
- ONE English Song (No Broadway, Film or Music Theatre)
Limit 20 minutes. Overtime singing will be stopped.
– Competition is Open to students residing or studying in Ontario.
– All entry applications will be reviewed.
– Any changes to repertoire must be submitted no later than Monday, February 14, 2011.
– You will be notified if any material is unsuitable.
– Any unsuitable material will result in disqualification.
– For amateur singers only. Professional singers not eligible.
(For the purposes of this competition, a professional singer is considered to be any individual who earns money from singing or teaching full time.)
– Each competitor is responsible for providing his/her own accompanist.
– Original and complete scores (one set) must be made available for the adjudicators.
– Photocopied music will result in disqualification.
– At the discretion of the adjudicators, contestants may be asked to sing again before the final prizes are awarded.
This Competition was established by Raymond Spencer Vacchino (pianist)
M.Mus. (M.T.), A.Mus. (honorary), L.R.S.M.
Charlotte Cleland firstname.lastname@example.org 519-432-5183
Raymond Vacchino email@example.com 416-421-0555
Download the entry form here: Lois Marshall Entry Form 2011.