Hosted by the faculty and staff at Wilfrid Laurier University, NATS Ontario presented our first ever Post Secondary Voice Recruiting weekend on November 17, 2013. This new initiative was linked with our annual NATS Student Auditions and provided an opportunity for invited University and College Music recruitment officers to set up a display booth highlighting their programs and provide information to participating voice students, their parents and their teachers. This recruiting day replaced our previous program “Making the Cut”.
The NATS Ontario Executive was thrilled to have a number of fine programs, teachers and music retailers and publishers present. Here is the line up from this years’ event:
- Music Plus: Bill Labron and his power team of music retailer
- Plangere Publishing: Brian McDonagh, editor in chief
- Brock University: Deborah Linton, Voice
- Glenn Gould School, RCM: Jennifer Tung, Voice Department Coordinator
- Queens University: Dianne Baird, Voice Area Coordinator
- Sheridan Music Theatre: Marie Baron, Vocal Discipline Head
- Wilfrid Laurier University: Kimberly Barber, Administrative Co-ordinator of Opera and students
- University of Guelph: Marta McCarthy, Associate Professor and Choral Director
- University of Toronto: Darryl Edwards, Head of Voice Studies, Lorna MacDonald, Professor of Voice and students from the Faculty of Music
- University of Western Ontario: Torin Chiles, Professor of Voice and students from the Don Wright Faculty of Music
- York University: Catherine Robbin, Classical Vocal Studies Director & students
Here is what people had to say:
Look for an update on our Fall 2013 event – we would love to hear your thoughts on who to include and how we can make it even more exciting!