ManoSinistra is accepting applications and holding auditions to choose the very best to participate in 2 weeks of masterclasses and rehearsals in preparation for our gala concert this coming May 6, 2016 7:30pm at CBC Toronto’s Glenn Gould Studio. The evening’s program will be a showcase of assorted opera arias and excerpt scenes from the lyric repertoire of Grand Opera.
We are thrilled to announce that our Master teachers will be:
Jeannette Aster : “The Body Sings” – April 18 – 22, 2016
General/Artistic Director: L’Academie de la Roche d’Hys (Bourgogne, France) | Internationally acclaimed and award winning Stage Director having presented and produced in leading opera houses around the world | Much sought after Master Teacher and Operalogue | Jury member for many international singing competitions and audition panels
Bernard Turgeon : “Music & the Mind”– May 2 – 5, 2016
Inductee – Canadian Opera Hall of Fame (Opéra de Montréal), 2012 | Internationally renowned opera singer (baritone) that has enjoyed a career spanning more than 50 years singing principle roles in the leading opera houses around the world | Much sought after Voice Teacher and Master Teacher (eg.: Atelier Lyrique: L’Opéra de Montréal, Canadian Opera Company Ensemble) | Instigator and past administrator of several Opera Training Programs (i.e.: Banff Centre for the Performing Arts, University of Alberta – Edmonton, University of Victoria – Victoria, McGill University – Montréal) | NLP Master (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and creator of the Master’s seminar “Music and the Mind” (McGill University), a discourse about the psychology of performance
Audition and Application deadline is February 19, 2016
- Application is open to any nationality of candidate.
- THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT
- Participants are required to arrive at the first rehearsals with their assigned ensemble role(s) ready to perform from memory. Any artist not fulfilling this requirement risk their participation in the workshop.
- All coachings, rehearsals, 36 hours of masterclass and a copy of the audio/video demo recording of the artist’s particular performance(s) in the concert are included in the tuition fee.
- All Masterclasses will be held at: Walter Carsen Centre (National Ballet of Canada), 470 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Canada
- Gala Concert – Friday May 6, 2016 7:30pm – Glenn Gould Studio (CBC Toronto), 250 Front St. W., Toronto, Canada
TUITION: $900.00 CAD
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS: NO APPLICATION FEE
- Admission to the OperaFest workshop is by audition only.
- Candidates should have completed their undergraduate training (minimum) or have professional experience to support their application.
- Please email your Resumé, Repertoire List, Bio, Headshot to: firstname.lastname@example.org , or send hard copies to: ManoSinistra | 40 Alexander St., Suite 1510 | Toronto, ON | M4Y 1B5.
** Out of town applicants may submit Youtube or Vimeo links of recent performances (within the past 6 months) in place of a live audition.