Hello fellow NATS Ontario Members!
- contact Alison Moodie at email@example.com to register
- 6 singers plus 2 alternates
- official accompanist to be provided with rehearsal time (see schedule for the day)
- Guidelines for singing from Ms. LoVetri
- Students should sing for approximately 90 seconds, which is about one verse of a MT song. If the song is longer than that, they should strive to get about that much by editing it down (so it has a beginning, a middle and and end but is about that long). Alternately, they can sing 16 bars of any song but I am particularly interested in things that are technically difficult. All songs MUST be memorized. No sheet music or lyric sheets allowed. Students will be asked to leave the stage if they arrive with music or crib sheets. They should announce the song’s composer and lyricist and, if it is a show tune, the name of the show. They must know the “who, what, where, why, and when” of the character or the poem/story. All music should be properly prepared for the pianist which means either in a “book” or on sturdy pieces of paper that won’t fall off the piano.