The 2017 Vocal Showcase will be held at York University on Saturday and Sunday, 18th and 19th of November. Classical voice classes will occur on Saturday, 18th and music theatre classes will occur on Sunday, 19th. The NATS Social Event will occur on Saturday evening.
A map of York’s campus is available to help with directions.
The new two-day format means that NATS Ontario could potentially award double the number of scholarships we have in the past ($5,500 in scholarships was awarded at our 2016 Vocal Showcase). To help bolster our Scholarship Fund, the NATS Ontario Executive would like to invite NATS Ontario Members to consider advertising at the Vocal Showcase. More information about how to advertise your voice festival or summer programme, as well as information about what the NATS Ontario Executive (lead by our new Projects Manager, Amanda Brunk) has in mind for the Social Event, can be found further down this page.
The results from the 2017 Vocal Showcase are available for download.
You can help NATS Ontario to continue supporting young singers through generous scholarships by donating online via PayPal, or by cheque (made payable to NATS Ontario):
c/o Lisa Cosens Brillon, Treasurer
PO Box 83
How To Register
- LOGIN (using your NATS login info) at www.nats.org
- CLICK on “Member Home”
- SCROLL DOWN and CLICK on the green button that says “NATS AUDITIONS REGISTRATIONS”
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY 13th OCTOBER
New to 2017 Vocal Showcase
- Members will be charged registration fees in USD
- Registration fee is 22USD (NATS Ontario Executive recommends NATS Members collect 30CAD from their students to cover the registration fee)
- Official Accompanists will be paid directly (not by NATS Ontario) – please remind your students who are using an OA to bring CASH with them on the day of the event to pay their OA directly
- All entry fees must be paid online (there is no option to pay entry fee via cheque)
- Non-Adjudicator Fees must be paid via Paypal or cheque directly to NATS Ontario
- Teachers who register students for both days of the Vocal Showcase, will be scheduled to adjudicate for both days
Updated Vocal Showcase Handbook
The updated vocal showcase handbook is available for review. Please note that this document is a work in progress, but is an excellent resource for information about added classes and repertoire requirements.
NOTE: Adult Beginner Classes now have the option to sing either two OR three pieces with no penalty for either choice. If your Adult Beginner student would prefer to sing TWO pieces (rather than three), simply fill in the third song selection with a lovely note of encouragement to our Vocal Showcase Coordinator. 🙂
NATS Ontario has reserved rooms at the Monte Carlo Inn – Vaughan Suites for the event. You can book now by calling 905-761-7170. Be sure to use our event code: 300650 to get a King or double Queen room at our special rate of $119.99 per night.
The social event will be held at the Monte Carlo Inn – Vaughan Suites on the evening of Saturday, 18th November. We were so inspired by the performances of Catherine and Dan at our last social event that we decided to have an open mic this time around and invite everyone to participate! We hope you’ll come prepared to sing your favourite party piece (we’re hiring a pianist who can play anything) and we CAN’T WAIT to see what you come up with!
Calling all NATS Members involved in summer programmes or music festivals! If you would like information about your programme or festival distributed directly to a large population of voice teachers and young singers, please be in touch with James McLean and Charlene Pauls to book your spot in our final concert programme inserts! Cost is $100 for a business-card-sized ad and opportunity is only available for summer programmes or music festivals. Non-NATS members may advertise at a premium rate of $200 for a business-card-sized ad. All proceeds from advertising will benefit the NATS Ontario Scholarship Fund.