The 2018 Vocal Showcase will be held at Wilfrid Laurier University on Saturday and Sunday, 17th and 18th of November 2018. Classical voice classes will occur on Saturday, 17th and music theatre classes will occur on Sunday, 18th. There will be a NATS Social Event sometime during the weekend.
You can help NATS Ontario to continue supporting young singers through generous scholarships by donating online via PayPal, or by cheque (made payable to NATS Ontario):
c/o Lisa Cosens Brillon, Treasurer
PO Box 83
How To Register
- LOGIN (using the non-NATS email you provided to Beth) at https://www.auditionware.com/login.php (NOTE: your initial password will be “1234” until you change it after your first login)
- REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY 12th OCTOBER
New to 2018 Vocal Showcase
- Members will be charged registration fees in CAD
- Registration Fees are:
- $20 (for Middle School) | $25 (for High School) | $30 (University)
- Entry Fees may be paid online or by sending a cheque to the Treasurer
- Non-Adjudicator Fees must be paid via Paypal or cheque directly to NATS OntarioTeachers who register students for both days of the Vocal Showcase, will be scheduled to adjudicate for both days
Updated Vocal Showcase Handbook
The updated vocal showcase handbook is available for review. Please note that this document is a work in progress, but is an excellent resource for information about added classes and repertoire requirements.
NATS Ontario has reserved a room block at the Delta Waterloo at the rate of $175 per night, which includes one free parking space per room. Cutoff date for this rate is 16th October. Call 1-888-236-2427 or book directly online.
Click here to book hotel room at NATS ON reduced rate.
One Week to Go
The NATS Ontario Executive looks forward to welcoming all Vocal Showcase participants at Wilfrid Laurier University next weekend!
- if you’re singing, please be sure to give yourself enough time to park and register so that you’re ready to sing at least a half hour in advance of your class (you can register any time during the day so if your class starts at 2pm, you will want to plan to arrive at WLU by 1pm in order to have lots of time to park and register) and remember to bring one set of legal sheet music with you (your pianist may play from a copy, but the legal sheet music must be in the room)
- if your schedule happens to be unclear, please rest assured that if you are singing classical rep, you should show up on Saturday and if you’re singing music theatre rep, you should show up on Sunday
- if you’re adjudicating, please plan to attend the 10AM adjudicators’ meeting on the day(s) that you are adjudicating (THANK YOU!)
- if you’re participating in any way, please plan to attend the final concert(s) on the day(s) you’re participating so there’s a huge and raucous audience for all our wonderful performers (the concerts will start around 3:45 and end by 5:30)
- if you have any questions at all, please get in touch with our vocal showcase coordinator
Support the Scholarship Fund
In 2017, NATS Ontario was THRILLED to distribute over $7500 in scholarships and we cannot continue to do so without your help. If you haven’t already, please consider donating to NATS Ontario to support the incredible work we do providing performance opportunities and funds for young singers to help them continue their studies and to support their musical endeavours. All donations will receive a charitable receipt and, as we’re heading toward the end of the year, NOW is the perfect time to donate for maximum tax-time benefit! Click here to donate via PayPal.
Vocal Showcase 2018 Scholarship Winners
A full list of the 2018 scholarship winners is available here.